Rock solid procurement
November 3-6, 2013
The CPPC is pleased to invite you to Forum 2013, to be held in St. John’s, Newfoundland, November 3-6, 2013. The event will take place at the Delta St. John’s Hotel and Conference Centre.
Registration is open. Click here to pull down the pre-early bird registration form.
All accommodation will be at the Delta St. John’s Hotel and Conference Centre where we are offered a room rate of $149 plus taxes per night. You will find the reservation number and details on page two of the registration form. Please be sure to quote “GCCPPC13” to be eligible for the special conference rate.
A word from our Forum Chair Stephanie Dion
I am very honored to have been chosen to be the Chair of the 2013 Forum. We are excited to be preparing a different kind of program this year, more interactive and hands-on for our members. We have identified 4 corner stone of Rock Solid Procurement: clear framework, training and tools, data analysis, performance measurement and reporting. I look forward to welcoming you personally in St. John’s.
Our program for Rock Solid Procurement is currently under development. Stephanie mentioned in her note that we have identified four important corner stone related to our Forum theme. It is very important for the development team that Forum participants are able to go back to their respective organizations with tools, tips and tricks to better measure performance and improve their procurement activities.
Call for presentations
The CPPC is inviting proposals for Education Sessions at our 2013 Forum. As a presenter, you will have the opportunity to speak in front of an estimated audience of 100 public procurement professionals. This will be a great opportunity to showcase your success but also to share best practices related to public procurement. Your contribution to help advance our profession will be greatly appreciated by our membership.
Forum 2013 is unique in serving the broad public procurement sector represented at all levels in all regions of Canada: federal, provincial/territorial, municipal, healthcare, education, NGOs and Crown corporations.
The CPPC attracts 100 delegates and speakers from across the country to this annual conference, where decision makers in public procurement come to network, share leading practices and find collaborative partners for moving forward within the profession, in both official languages.
- Great exposure opportunity for you and your organization as profession leaders;
- Contribute to elevate the knowledge base of the public procurement profession;
- Excellent networking opportunity with other experts and colleagues;
- Build relationships with the Canadian Public Procurement Council, the leading voice for professionals involved in public procurement in Canada.
- Each session is typically 60-75 minutes or so with a 10 minutes period for questions and discussion.
- Sessions should be interactive in the format of workshop, panel discussions or lecture.
- Sessions should also include hands-on exercises, and tools that participants could easily take back to their workplace for immediate use and implementation.
Our theme for this year is Rock Solid Procurement. We are looking for creative, out-of-the-box thinkers to come forward and share the knowledge they have gathered in the public or private sector related to the following topics:
- Clear policies, guidelines, processes, roles and responsibilities;
- A variety of procurement tools, training and certifications;
- Data analysis tools to analyse performance of your procurement processes;
- Reporting and performance measurement.
How to apply
Please email your proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 17, 2013. All proposals should include:
- A creative, concise but descriptive session title
- A session overview (50-75 word maximum) which will briefly describe the content and most importantly how it links to our Forum theme and session objectives
- Intended format of the session and how you intend to make it interactive
- Learning outcomes and takeaways for the participants (please list 2-3 items in bullet form)
As a not-for-profit association, the CPPC does not provide honoraria for session presenters at our Forum. Presenters are responsible for their own travel, hotel and other expenses. A complimentary one-day registration for the day on which the presentation is scheduled is awarded.
Selections will be made by the Forum 2013 Program development Committee based on a number of criteria, including topic and benefit to delegates.
If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact François Emond, Executive Director at email@example.com or 418-619-1951.
The CPPC encourages companies who do business with governments at all levels to take this opportunity to meet public procurement officials outside of the confines of a contract negotiation.
Marketing opportunities in the form of exhibit booth space and sponsorships are available for the three-day conference. For more information and to receive a package, please contact François Emond at firstname.lastname@example.org or 418-619-1951.