UNITED UNDER PUBLIC SCRUTINY
October 27-29, 2014
Registration is open. Click here to access our online registration form. We will take care of your registration once you have completed the form and follow up with you. Registration is open to CPPC members and non-members.
CPPC members: $800 + taxes (Early bird rates valid until September 19)
CPPC non-members: $1,100 + taxes (Early bird rates valid until September 19)
Pre-Forum Seminar: $350 + taxes (Rate valid for members and non-members also attending Forum. Pre-Forum Seminar only: $450)
A word from our Forum Chair
It is with great pleasure that I will be chairing the Canadian Public Procurement Council Forum, 2014 edition in Montreal, Quebec. When I was asked whether I would be interested in chairing the CPPC Forum, I did not hesitate and said yes as I believe that this will be an amazing experience and a way to perpetuate the excellent work done by my predecessors. Looking at all the challenges and external pressure that we, people involved in public procurement, face on a regular basis in ensuring that processes are fair, open and transparent, our theme “United under Public Scrutiny” really spoke to me and I do hope that it will speak to all of you. We are currently developing a Forum Program that I trust will meet your interests and expectations. See you all in Montreal!
Chair, CPPC Forum 2014
Our program for United Under Public Srutiny is currently under development. Details will follow shortly.
Call for presentations
The CPPC is inviting proposals for Education Sessions at our 2014 Forum. As a presenter, you will have the opportunity to speak in front of an estimated audience of 125 public procurement professionals. This will be a great opportunity to showcase your successes but also to share best practices related to public procurement. Your contribution to help advance our profession will be greatly appreciated by our participants.
Forum 2014 is unique in serving the broad public procurement sector which is represented at all levels in all regions of Canada: federal, provincial/territorial, municipal, healthcare, education, NGOs and Crown corporations.
The CPPC attracts delegates and speakers from across the country. This annual conference is an event, where decision makers in public procurement come to network, share leading practices and find collaborative partners to support the profession in moving forward, in both official languages.
- Great exposure opportunity for you and your organization as professional leaders;
- Contribute to elevate the knowledge base of the public procurement profession;
- Excellent networking opportunity with other experts and colleagues;
- Build relationships with the Canadian Public Procurement Council, the leading voice for professionals involved in public procurement in Canada.
- Each session is approximately 60 minutes with a 10 minutes period for questions and discussion.
- Sessions should be interactive in the format of workshop, panel discussions or lecture.
- Sessions should also include hands-on exercises, and tools that participants could easily take back to their workplace for immediate use and implementation.
Our theme for this year is United Under Public Scrutiny. We are looking for creative, out-of-the-box thinkers to come forward and share the knowledge they have gathered in the public or private sector related to the following topics:
- Identify best practices that will help public procurement professionals under public scrutiny;
- Policies and procedures that can be put in place/used by public organisations to ensure integrity of procurement processes, from the selection of the right procurement approach to the award of a contract;
- Tools to reduce risks associated with procurement that could potentially result in contracts being under public scrutiny;
- Identify common challenges faced by procurement professionals that can potentially negatively impact procurement processes and propose solutions to ensure that those challenges do not result in inquiries.
How to apply
Please email your proposals to email@example.com by April 18, 2014. All proposals should include:
- A creative, concise but descriptive session title
- A session overview (50-75 word maximum) which will briefly describe the content and most importantly how it links to our Forum theme and session objectives
- Intended format of the session and how you intend to make it interactive
- Learning outcomes and takeaways for the participants (please list 2-3 items in bullet form)
As a not-for-profit association, the CPPC does not provide honoraria for session presenters at our Forum. Presenters are responsible for their own travel, hotel and other expenses. A complimentary one-day registration for the day on which the presentation is scheduled is provided.
Selections will be made by the Forum 2014 Program development Committee based on a number of criteria, including topics and benefits to delegates.
If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact François Emond, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 418-619-1951.
Our Forum 2014 will take place this year in Montreal at the Hyatt Regency Montreal located in the action of the city near Place des arts and le quartier des spectacles. Click here to access our reservations page where preferred rates are offered for the CPPC Forum participants.
Porter Airlines is proud to offer a 15% discount on available base fares (with the exception of the lowest class fare during a public seat sale) for travel to and from 2014 CPPC Forum. The discounted fares are available for booking from March 10, 2014 to October 28, 2014 and available for travel:
Location: Dates of Travel:
|From: Anywhere in Canada or US||To: Montreal||From: 10/24/2014||To: 10/29/2014|
|From: Montreal||To: Anywhere in Canada or US||From: 10/27/2014||To: 11/01/2014|
Please book online at www.flyporter.com or through your travel agent using promo code CPPC14.
Porter offers complimentary in-flight snacks and beverages (including beer and wine), GatePorter service for carry-on and access to the Porter Lounge in Toronto and Ottawa, where free Wi-Fi and comfortable, leather seating is available.
The promo code is intended for use by conference attendees and organizers and is not meant for distribution outside of authorized channels. Porter’s fare rules and conditions apply. For any questions regarding Porter’s services or any pre-travel concerns, contact us at 1-888-619-8622
The CPPC encourages companies who do business with governments at all levels to take this opportunity to meet public procurement officials outside of the confines of a contract negotiation.
Marketing opportunities in the form of exhibit booth space and sponsorships are available for the three-day conference. For more information and to receive a package, please contact François Emond at email@example.com or 418-619-1951.