November 6-8, 2017
6-8 novembre 2017
Message from the Co-Chairs
I am enthusiastic and honored to be one of your two Co-Chairs for the Canadian Public Procurement Council Forum 2017. The decision to take on the role was something that took very little time to make and it is with great pride and passion that I look forward to working through the development and delivery of a program that will peak interest and inspire us all to look to the future of public procurement. “Innovating in Public Procurement” is the theme for the Forum in 2017, a theme that was conceived with the acknowledgement of the need to always be leaning forward and thinking of the challenges that the future will bring due to our ever-changing environment. My home town of Ottawa is our venue in 2017, and with all the celebrations that will be taking place here for our country’s 150th birthday, as Co-Chair, I look forward to welcoming you to our Nation’s Capital and more specifically the Forum in November. Ottawa is the place to be in 2017!
John Blasko Co-Chair, CPPC Forum 2017
C’est avec une grande fierté et un enthousiasme renouvelé que j’ai accepté d’assumer la co-présidence du Forum 2017 du Conseil canadien des marchés publics à Ottawa en novembre prochain. Nous souhaitons relever le défi de vous proposer un programme riche et inspirant à la hauteur des éditions précédentes. Sous le thème « Innovation dans les marchés publics », c’est dans un esprit de constante amélioration des pratiques d’affaires et de la gestion contractuelle face à un environnement en perpétuels changements, que nous vous ferons vivre cette prochaine rencontre annuelle, laquelle se tiendra en plus dans le cadre des festivités du 150e anniversaire du Canada. Nous vous attendons donc en grand nombre à Ottawa, là où il faut être en 2017 !
Vincent Vu Co-Chair, CPPC Forum 2017
Want to have a sneak peek of Ottawa ? Click here!
Registration is now open. Click here to access our online form. You will find below the detailed rates.
*Only visa and mastercard are accepted as a credit card payment method.
CPPC Member Non-member
Full Forum + Pre-Forum Seminar $1150 $1550
Full Forum only $800 $1100
One Day only $400 $700
Pre-Forum only $350 $450
Hotel Registration Policy
Staying at the host hotel helps the CCPC meet its contractual obligations, therefore keep registration fees down. Take advantage of the convenience, camaraderie and savings by staying at the Ottawa Marriott. Attendees choosing alternate accommodations will be assessed a $150 surcharge on their registration fee. In your registration process you will be asked to provide your hotel reservation confirmation number so please make sure you complete your hotel reservation first. To book you room, please click here to access our hotel registration page with special rates for the event.
Local attendees: If you plan to commute daily and live within a 100 kilometer radius of the Ottawa Marriott, we will waive the $150 surcharge fee assessed to attendees making alternative hotel accommodations. To avoid the surcharge fee, you must include as part of your registration the commute mileage (one way) when registering.
Room Sharing: Attendees sharing a room at the Ottawa Marriott are exempt from the surcharge fee, however must provide a confirmation number and list all names on reservation for verification.
The CPPC encourages companies who do business with governments at all levels to take this opportunity to meet public procurement officials outside of the confines of a contract negotiation.
Marketing opportunities in the form of exhibit booth space and sponsorships are available for the three-day conference. For more information, click here to download our sponsorship package.
Our program for Innovation in Public Procurement is under development.
Call for Presentations
The CPPC is inviting proposals for Education Sessions at our 2017 Forum. As a presenter, you will have the opportunity to speak in front of an estimated audience of 125 public procurement professionals. This will be a great opportunity to showcase your successes but also to share best practices related to public procurement. Your contribution to help advance our profession will be greatly appreciated by our participants.
Forum 2017 is unique in serving the broad public procurement sector, which is represented at all levels in all regions of Canada: federal, provincial/territorial, municipal, healthcare, education, NGOs and Crown corporations.
The CPPC attracts delegates and speakers from across the country. This annual conference is an event where decision makers in public procurement come to network, share leading practices and find collaborative partners to support the profession in moving it forward.
- Great exposure opportunity for you and your organization as professional leaders;
- Contribute to elevate the knowledge base of the public procurement profession;
- Excellent networking opportunity with other experts and colleagues;
- Build relationships with the Canadian Public Procurement Council, the leading voice for professionals involved in public procurement in Canada.
- Each session is approximately 60 minutes with a 10 minute period for questions and discussion.
- Sessions should be interactive in the format of workshop, panel discussions or lecture.
- Sessions should also include hands-on exercises and tools that participants could easily take back to their workplace for immediate use and implementation.
Our theme for this year is “Innovation in Public Procurement”. We are looking for creative, out-of-the-box thinkers to come forward and share the knowledge they have gathered in the public or private sector related to the following topics:
- Identify best practices that will help public procurement professionals show value and improve customer satisfaction;
- Success stories related to innovation and the outcome of your initiatives;
- Use and implementation of new technologies and electronic tools to aid in the procurement process;
- Introduction of performance measurement;
- Collaborative innovation;
- Lean management initiatives;
- Strategic Procurement;
How to apply
Please email your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 21, 2017. All proposals should include:
- A creative, concise but descriptive session title;
- A session overview (50-75 words maximum) which will briefly describe the content and most importantly how it links to our Forum theme and session objectives;
- Intended format of the session and how you intend to make it interactive;
- Learning outcomes and takeaways for the participants (please list 2-3 items in bullet form)
As a not-for-profit association, the CPPC does not provide honoraria for session presenters at our Forum. Presenters are responsible for their own travel, hotel and other expenses. A complimentary one-day registration for the day on which the presentation is scheduled is provided.
Selections will be made by the Program development Committee based on a number of criteria, including topics and benefits to delegates.